Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Great Book

"Thy Word IS..." (Psalm 119:105)

When I am tired, the Bible is my bed;
Or in the dark, the Bible is my light.
When I am hungry, it is vital bread;
Or fearful, it is armour for the fight.
When I am sick, 'tis healing medicine;
Or lonely, thronging friends I find therein.

Does gloom oppress? The Bible is the sun;
Or ugliness? It is a garden fair.
Am I athirst? How cool its currents run!
Or stifled? What a vivifying air!
Since thus thou giv'st thyself, Great Book, to me,
How should I give myself, Great Book, to Thee!
--A.R. Wells


When we walk in uprightness, the Scriptures seem full of promises; but when we walk in unrighteousness, they appear replete with threats.

No comments:

Jewel # 458 (Oct. 11, 2021)

  10 popular questions about killer whales! 10 popular questions about killer whales! - "And they shall be Mine, saith the Lord  of hos...